1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richmond jobs update

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Apr 19, 2007.

1. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

No updates - once I got the first deputy done I started sorting through the stuff for that job (and there's a whole lot of it). Making progress, no timetable. Other than soon.

2. mad dawg

mad dawg Member

Which hire are you looking to make first? Preps or your other deputy?

3. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Sorry for the delay - been sorting through resumes.

Preps first. Would love to have someone by July 1. Have received a number of strong packets. And no, I haven't notifed anyone in or out yet. Still sorting. This person will walk in the door and be very busy. It's going to be a fun job and someone who wants to be very productive will have a chance here.

In an ideal world, I'll have the second deputy by Aug 1. I've learned it is not an ideal world.

We're getting there.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

He posted last Thursday night. Today is Wednesday. After a holiday weekend. Yeah, he's got it sorted out. Sheesh.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just a hint, some friendly advice. Your sig may be a bit of a turnoff in a job search. Consider changing.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But how would Mike know which resume is jpm's?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Mike would know. He's pretty perceptive.

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

If he happens to have a resume from James Pinoche McGillicuddy, that could be a giveaway.

Though I hope his name really isn't that. Don't want to out anyone.

9. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

As one who's hired and fired, that sig would pretty much be a "no shoes, no shirt, no dice" sign for me as well, kid. :p

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I guess if his resume included the entry "Head of Juan Pablo Montoya's fan club," it could give it away.

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Any updates on this one for the prep position? How's everything going with this Mike?

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to do this....

YOU'RE HIRED! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted