1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richmond jobs update

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MJHRVA, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Yeah, that was pretty weak herald chick.

2. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

Especially considering the circumstances.

3. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

Thanks for the update, Mike. Good luck with all that is happening.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

5. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Mike, please update us on all that's going on in Blacksburg. Even if we're not involved, as is the case with most of us, it is an incredibly interesting situation and I would appreciate any news at all from the source. Hang in there and good luck. My prayers are with everybody at VT.

6. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

That made me laugh.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

What she said... quite well, I may add.

I don't have a dog in this job hunt, but as a former job seeker who dealt with classless SE's, this is a classy, classy move for those who are in the job hunt.

When the dust settles, Mike, you probably should write something for someone (E&P perhaps?) on what went into your coverage, how you went about, etc.

It would make a fascinating read.

8. MJHRVA

MJHRVA Member

Misters Casty and Birdscribe,
    When I am clear of here, I will try to do that. I don't know if I am close to good enough to properly describe it all. A media room that was overflowing yesterday has thinned out to about 25 people today. Eight of them from my paper.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wanna be like Mike.

10. accguy

accguy Member

Agree with what everybody else said. I also don't have a dog in this hunt, but I know that when in the mix for a job, the waiting is the hardest part. In some ways, you kind of put your life on hold. All I know is that if I was a candidate, I would be happy to know where things stand and that not hearing doesn't equal getting turned down.

If only other SEs had such people skills.

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I applied for this job and, although it sucks waiting, it's always reassuring to have someone keep people in the fold on what is going on with the search. Obviously, these are difficult circumstances with all that is going on at VT, so to have Mike go out of his way to let people know what's going on speaks volumes about his character. Thanks Mike.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Mike is one the classiest guys in our business. That someone would make any sort of comment saying that he's a gloryseeker is ridiculous. Show some damn decorum.

Draft saved Draft deleted