1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richmond Hotels?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

.I need to make a business trip to Richmond - not familiar with area - can anyone point in  direction of decent hotel close to 95 in area?

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Re: Richmond Hotes?

Mechanicsville is a nice town off 295 and has some hotels there and about every chain restaurant you'd care to see along the main drag. In my limited experience, it's about 15 miles from downtown, give or take five. Others may be able to help better.

IIRC, there's a Holiday Inn and some others there.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Depends on what you're looking for. There's some good hotels in downtown that aren't far from the interstate, like the Marriott on Fifth Street or, if money's no object, the Hotel John Marshall or the Jefferson Hotel (a little further from 95, but the area's only five-star hotel). If you're looking for regular chain off the interstate, there's decent mid-range hotels in Colonial Heights (exit 52-3) and Chester (61) south of the James River, and Ashland north of the river. Second the Mechanicsville mention. Most of the extended stay type places are in the West End near I-64, which may be off your beaten path.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

There are a ton of Courtyard by Marriotts along 64 and U.S. 250 (Broad Street) near Short Pump and down on 95 near Chester. Staying right downtown is pricey, but there are a lot of good places to eat out west toward Short Pump, which is only 12-15 minutes from downtown.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The hotels on West Broad (via I-64) are only about 10 minutes from I-95. Lots to choose from.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

thanks for responses and PM's - got some great advise so I am set

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I like the Omni in Shockoe Slip. There's a restaurant across the street that gives second helpings on the prime rib.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And if you're looking for some companionship of an ambiguous gender, there's plenty of motels on Jeff Davis Highway that can fit the bill (allegedly Richmond is the national capital of transsexual prostitutes, but I wouldn't know. No, I said I WOULDN'T know. Jerks.)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I've been to Terre Hote before. :D

(Hi Bubbler)

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Evil Hots moved to Richmond? Doesn't that require the approval of 2/3-rds of the league?

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, it's Boom. Not BYH.

Good try though.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

No whammies no whammies no whammies big dick STOP!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted