1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richie Rodriguez, he doth protest too much.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Finebaum said RR is currently meeting with the WVA AD.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Finebaum also had Spurrier taking the job ... on several occasions.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Moore is back in Tuscaloosa, instead of going to Bama's game at Notre Dame tonight, and Rod did meet with AD.

Tuscaloosa News has a story about it up on its website. The story included this, which I though was a bit excessive:

"Moore traveled from Teterboro Airport in suburban New Jersey to Tuscaloosa via a chartered Canadair CL-600 Challenger 604 jet. He was the only one on the plane to disembark in Tuscaloosa at 1:20 p.m. before it traveled to Montgomery later Wednesday."

4. Inky_Wretch

I know guys who track planes via their tail numbers on the Internet.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Again - he does it, and that's a mistake. Bama doesn't even have the players he'd need to run that offense, which, I should note, is about two years from being completely figured out anyhow.

Nothing against the Big East, but there is one issue to consider when installing that offense, which, we must agree is why RR is who he is.

1. The class of athlete is a little different in SEC. You're not gonna have a quarterback who run in a zig-zag pattern for 60 yards like Pat White's done a few times this year. That offense is tricky, yes, but the class of speed in Big East linebacking crews and secondaries just isn't that of the SEC.

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

My point was that the minute details of Moore's flight back to Tuscaloosa seemed a little unnecessary to me.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Those people desperately need a life. I'm almost sure they were the same nutjobs who said Steve Spurrier was taking the job in Tuscaloosa last week.

9. Inky_Wretch

Probably. It's funny to watch them speculating. But it's also a wee big scary to think that much info is available on the Internet.

10. Sam Mills 51

Agreed. They're also people drowning in their own self-importance.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heard a guy on talk radio this afternoon...
    One of Auburn's radio guys (and a former linemen) was ripping a WVA assistant coach (Edit: Rick Trickett who was also at Auburn) and basically called him a walking piece of pigshit bully; how this little sawedoff guy hit kids and degraded them. ANd that the former player was too young do deal with it while he was in college, but in hindsight he should have left because of him.
    And said that he wouldn't let his son play for him.
    Caller says "that's too bad. I think that's awful. Kan he coach? Can he give us an offensive line?"
    Auburn guy says "Wait, I just got done telling you that he mistreats his players and you want to know if he can coach?"
    Caller says "No. Well. That's a shame, but if he can bring an offensive line together...."

Here's your sign.

12. Sam Mills 51

A fan using "we" and "us." Excusing coaches for treating players like crap.

Yup ... must be a college football fan in the South. These are university students playing sports. Ye gods ...

Draft saved Draft deleted