1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richie Rodriguez, he doth protest too much.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Finebaum is a very nice man in person; an asshole on the air.

I couldn't live like that. I try to be an asshole consistently.

2. If he's a nice man in person, do you think he would be approachable enough that I could go up to him and say his on-air performance the last few weeks have been pretty low, even disgraceful at times?

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm sure he is.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I'm Mike Shula, I call a press conference, point out that over the last two seasons I have a 16-8 record, compared to Rodriguez' 19-5 over the same period (playing a MUCH weaker schedule), and I'd be perfectly willing to return as coach for the same contract Rodriguez was going to get. ;) ;)

Except, of course, I get to keep my $4 million buyout. Plus, my contract is unconditionally guaranteed for five years -- I cannot be fired for any reason. :D :D

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They wised up

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We'll agree to disagree on this one, sir. Using the power of the keyboard to exact revenge for being ass-raped ain't gonna do anyone any good.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agree with Star, but I can't remember when anyone's burned a failed source like that

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And that's why they keep doing it.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And that's why us idiot reporters need to not fall into that trap.

10. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Member

There's talk of him being the top choice when Bobby hangs it up in Tallahassee. That may be a harder decision that snubbing Alabama.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I didn't hear Finebaum after he got on his bitter W.Va. bashing. But I was tuned in at the beginning of the show when he was interviewing Cecil and he sounded like his kid just offed his dog in a murder-suicide. I think it's pretty clear this is a sad person who needs to resort to such tactics to make himself and his listeners cope with some serious cognitive dissonance. Oh, and by the way ...

http://www.morgantown.com/awards.htm

Morgantown
    2006: "29th Smartest Place to Live in US by Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine
    2006: "5th Best Place for Business and Careers (Metros less than 150,000 population)" by Forbes Magazine
    2006: "12th Hottest Small City: Boomtown (Metros less than 150,000 population)" by Inc. Magazine
    2004: "3rd Best Small Town In America" by Men's Journal
    2002: "Morgantown Graded "A" in Economic Development by BizJournals.com (#21 out of nation's 496 micropolitan areas)
    2000: "Morgantown Selected #1 Dreamtown in Country" by BizJournals.com
    1999: "Best Small City In The East" and "3rd Best In America" by Guide to Life in America's Small Cities

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Morgantown is your typical Big State U town. As such, it's less influenced by the Mountain Peoples.

Draft saved Draft deleted