1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richie Rodriguez, he doth protest too much.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Finebaum, who seemed eager to have Rodriguez in the fold at one time, just now said to a caller, "Listen, callers, he's not important enough to worry about anymore. He and his wife in a few weeks will celebrate their anniversary at a Cracker Barrel, and (blah blah blah)."

Then he wondered aloud if Morgantown has a Cracker Barrel.

Now, they're still making fun of the wife. Hmm.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Starman, I'd be pissed, too. Trust me.

But once you out one source just because they screwed you over, where do you end? You out some source who didn't give you info but gave the scoop to the Podunk Rival?

Either we keep sources we've guaranteed anonymity to anonymous all the time or none of the time. Can't play both sides of the coin, no matter how much they prison-showered you.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Yeah, I'm listening now. Bama Nation has already started belittling their almost-coach's coaching abilities. I had 7 p.m. in the pool. I loose.

Edit: I don't know how to lift it from a PDF, but go to page 79 of the media guide for a picture of his wife:
    http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/Football-5.pdf

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

It's simple: every future Alabama coach will be required to match Bear Bryant: 20-plus SEC titles and 7-8 national championships. If he doesn't start carving out that kind of legacy within the first 3-4 years he's got the job, he's toast.

The Alabama fans and boosters are the most irresponible, unreasonable football fans. Ever. They deserve every 6-6 season they get for being ignorant, unbearable jerks.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sure you can. The protection of anonymity is a privilege bestowed by the journalist based on the presumption the information the source supplies is legitimate. If the information is not legitimate, and extra especially if the source KNOWS it isn't legitimate, the agreement is null and void.

Tell me the truth, and I'll go to the mats for you. Lie to me, and I'll fuck you over good. That's the bottom line.

6. Johnny Dangerously

They're clever too. The last caller reminded Finebaum of the nickname for someone named "Richard," so that means, of course, Rich Rodriguez is a dick.

Wow. I wonder if he thought of that all by himself.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Morgantown has a Cracker Barrel. It has a Wal-Mart and a Target and a Best Buy and a Beds, Bath and Beyond. It also has some of the most incredible scenery within a 50-mile radius in any direction, unbelievable hunting, fishing, golf, skiing and quality of life.

Paul Finebaum and his ilk have Tuscaloosa and Birmingham, with ugly-ass strip malls and cinder-block beer joints.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've been to both cities, Morgantown is much nicer than Tuscaloosa...

9. Johnny Dangerously

That can't be. Finebaum called Morgantown "a dump," and he knows everything.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This really better be the last "tease-tease, pull out, 'I'm sorry I just can't cheat on my true love' " routine by Rodriguez. This is about the third time he's done this.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I wonder if Mike Shula is smiling today.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If memory serves, Rodriguez pulled this shit at Texas Tech when he was at Clemson. He accepted the job and then Nehlen assure him he would be the replacement when he retired and then he changed his mind...

Draft saved Draft deleted