1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richie Rodriguez, he doth protest too much.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(Found on a fan board of a rival team)

2. Nice. I like it.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Jesus,

Stallings is on now and said he'd be interested in "helping" out Alabama in the short term but not coaching in the long term ... that was in response to Finebaum asking if he'd be interested in the job.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That being the case, the only way to judge a writer is whether he or she ended up correct.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What's his name, again? Hank Goldberg Jr.?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This Finebaum guy, is he on all over the south? Or just on one station that has a really great signal, the way you can pick up WFAN out of NY all the way in Virginia, Ohio, and other far off places? If it helps bring any sanity back to you SEC writers, I don't think anyone outside of SEC land has ever heard of that guy, and he's completely irrelevant away from cotton fields. So, I guess you could say he's the biggest fish inside a Wal-Mart kiddie pool.

Oh, and I want to see all the writers who have been lied to or mislead with summary pieces later on that give the timeline of everything, with anonymous sources named and everything. Name names!!!!

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Right when? Right when they wrote it or right when he changed his mind? It's all shades of gray.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Anyone can say ... But I WAS right, he changed his mind. Anyone.

If you blow the end result, that's all that matters.

9. Johnny Dangerously

I am two states away from Alabama. When I listen to Finebaum, it's on his Web site. I don't know if he's on a mega-watt station.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

His affiliate list, all of which are in Alabama:
    http://www.finebaum.com/affiliates.html

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

There's just too much emphasis on "breaking news" now. It's not about breaking news. Well, it is, but it isn't. Sure, I'd love to be out first on a major story. It'd be nice. But I'd rather be the next day but 100 percent correct. The only thing that matters to me is that MY readers get the right information. Most of them aren't reading the Bham News, the MPR, the AJC, etc. They're reading my paper. When they see my story, it's first to them. If I lose credibility to them, I'm fucked. Make me second and correct instead of first and very wrong.

12. For some reason, I've been thinking of a line from Star Wars.

Princess Leia: "This is some rescue. When you came in here, didn't you have a plan for getting out?"
    Han Solo <nodding toward Mal Moore>: "He's the brains, sweetheart."

Draft saved Draft deleted