1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richardson to endorse Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Pelosi's treatment of the Florida/Michigan question makes it clear she prefers BO.

Given Edwards' public posture this year, hard to believe he'd endorse HRC. Looks as if both he and BO are playing the waiting game, with JE hoping his potential endorsement will increase in value, while BO is hoping that Edwards will eventually figure he'd better get on the right horse, or he's going to get left.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The endorsement's value isn't so much what it gives Obama, but its appearance as a slap to Hillary.
    Shall we start a pool on when Richardson gets garrotted?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

"What, an ambassadorship wasn't enough?"

-- Bill Clinton

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is Richardson pledging all of the support he had when he ran for president?

Oh wait...

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah. Both guys are going to vote for Obama now.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think this brings Obama one step closer -- the goal for him is to line up as many of these kinds of endorsements as he can so that the superdelegates will not waver and will remain confident in him.

And I think if Pelosi and then John Edwards jumped on before Pa. it would render that states outcome moot.

7. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm just glad this thread was about Pete and not Nolan, who can make a racial issue out of the sun coming up.

8. Who is Pete Richardson?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Terrific speech....

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Your ability with the quote function is rife with fail.

12. I think this was timed perfectly. Obama's had a rough couple of weeks -- big speech notwithstanding -- and this is a news-cycle-devouring story.

Draft saved Draft deleted