1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richardson drops out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jan 9, 2008.

1. LeoDrummond

LeoDrummond New Member

Bill R. thought you could fix the debt while increasing spending.

This makes him a great Democrat. But he'd be a lousy president. Good riddance.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'm not pumping him by any means, but Harold Ford, Jr. from Tennessee fits your description.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I thought about Webb, too. But his senate seat is too valuable. Mark Warner, former Virginia governor, would also be a nice name if he weren't running for retiring R-John Warner's senate seat.

**Added: I think Wes Clark is Clinton's most likely choice for a running mate if she wins the nomination.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not for Obama.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sniff. Now I gotta find another candidate.

Is Richardson a politico? Does a sparsely populated Western state need a commuter train?

But was he the most experienced of any candidate in this year's race? Certainly. Any presidential pick who does not find a place for Richardson in his/her administration is doing the nation a great disservice.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why would you want Fidel Castro to be president of the USA, especially since he wasn't born here?

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How about a VP candidate from the north?
    Bill Bradley

or do you save him for a cabinet position?

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Actually, I'd love a Santa Fe-Albuquerque train. I don't know a thing about who would pay for it or if it would be a good idea, practically speaking. But that would be good, especially since Santa Fe's airport is so dinky and the Amtrak stops in some windswept burg south of town. I'd want the train to go as far to the northeast as Las Vegas, so I could get all spend all day in the hot springs and get all loopy and not have to worry about driving back to ABQ in an altered state.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd love to see Obama go with Tom Daschle, but I don't think he will.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Obama needs someone who doesn't cause a lot of stir; HE will be the stir in this whole thing.

Evan Bayh, senator from Indiana.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clinton supporter, I think.

I agree with your read, though.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

His excessive bitterness after somehow losing his '06 race doesn't flatter him.

Draft saved Draft deleted