1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Pryor Here and Now on now on Comedy Central (PST)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jan 11, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I know Comedy Central runs uncut stuff late on Saturdays, but this thing, taped in 1983 is on. And he's swearin' like a m-therf-cker.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Here And Now On Now. Say that five times fast.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing to think this received four stars from both Roger Ebert and Janet Maslin of the New York Time. It's so good though, it's almost like he uses profanity to lure people in and then he'll actually make a sincere point. The other interesting thing to note is the audience, made up for black and white folks, ages from the 20s to the 50s.

I can't help but laugh thinking how a Richard Pryor routine on Obama would go:

"So there's this cat from Chicago, Barack Obama and he's running for President. (audience cheers) Damn right! (Pryor laughs) Doesn't the m-fer know this is the United States? He's a crazy m-f-er Obama is. We can't drive a nice car without getting hassled by the cops, and now he's going to have cops around him all the time? Where'd he grow up? Oh, Hawaii? No shit. Hell, everyone's got a tan over there.
    It's got to be tough though, I can see him at the end of the day unwinding from campaigning, pulling off the tie, the coat jacket, like Mr. Rogers did, slipping on a fly-ass Dashiki, Michelle comes in with the Cavasier, rolls him a joint, they put some Teddy Pendergrass on and just KICK BACK and laugh like m-f-ers.
    Don't get me wrong, gotta give the m-f-er some respect going against Hillary Clinton. He talks like a tight-ass, but he walks like a brother. That brother has got to have some guy walking behind him with a wheelbarrow to keep his balls from scraping the ground. Damn right.
    Makes me laugh though, shit, seeing these m-f-ers on TV wondering if Obama's "Too Black" to win. (in mocking voice) "Well, yes Todd there is some thought that Mr. Obama won't be able to connect with white voters, that he doesn't share their values and traditions of getting together on the weekend around a bonfire and raising a cross and wearing white clothing." So then I turn the channel and I'm listening to this OTHER m-f-er saying Obama might not be "Black Enough" to be elected President, that people aren't comfortable voting for a black man who wants to get his kids a puppy and doesn't speak in rhymes. The m-f-er's name is Barack f-ckin' Obama, his mama might as well have named him Shaka Zulu, Not black enough M-f-ers?"
    Anybody ever complain about Reagan or Bush being Too White? What's that shit? It shouldn't matter. It doesn't matter. Rosa Parks showed us all that one little person can make a whole bunch of noise without so much as a whisper. She showed the world that the color of your skin shouldn't determine what part of the bus you sit in... as you ride through life."

4. The first concert movie -- "Live In Concert" -- is even funnier.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I almost chose this last night because I'm sure I've never seen it. Hopefully it'll be on again.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Pryor kills me, no matter how many times I have seen his stuff I still laugh like it is the first time.

Draft saved Draft deleted