1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Deitsch, you know I'm pissed!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jason_whitlock, May 1, 2007.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hey any man who wears a bowtie nowadays must be cool!

2. wordsmith

wordsmith New Member

Jason, get your facts straight. That's my main issue with you. You don't let the facts get in the way of being outlandish. The book deal had been in the works for some time. Was Stringer not supposed to hold a press conference and defend her players? Give me a break. You're good at what you do: writing contrarian columns that get people talking and then parlaying it into more pub. But when someone calls you out on it, please don't play naive.

3. exactly what am i playing naive about?

and vivian certainly could've defended her players without a 34-minute speech/life story. she could've defended her players with a press release.

the book deal and the new contract were both in the works, and they were both sweetened thanks to her climbing on a cross and pretending that her players had been scarred for life.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then you would have called her a coward for hiding behind the school's media relations people. You'll twist an argument to suit your needs, no matter how flawed.

So when you're wronged, it's perfectly OK to talk about it on a national forum, blasting away at your former employer, but when someone else is wronged, they're supposed to put out a press release. Is that roughly how it works?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Jason's got issues with strong women, always has from what I've heard. It's just coming into plain view with Vivian.

6. There he is.
    Defending womanhood against rappers and hoggin' all the really good misogyny for himself.
    Oprah's not going to like this.

7. Very good point.

8. wordsmith

wordsmith New Member

With such a dead-on post like this, I can't even find room to follow-up with anything different.

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Close thread....

10. what? please elaborate. this sounds like al sharpton dismissing all criticism because everyone is a racist or an uncle tom. that's a nice setup.

and i suppose the other post is referring to espn dumping me... can someone show me where i blasted espn for this? i believe i went about my business. i certainly don't remember crying about any scars. i don't even remember claiming that i'd been wronged by espn.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's to the point hat I only look at the Whitlock threads in hopes someone posted that great photo of the bikini girl on the beach: "Look! I'm an attenton whore!!"

Because yeah, I think she's hot.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not about to try wading through your old posts, especially since you may have deleted the ones I'm thinking of when you zeroed yourself, but you complained about Valerio Productions and their handling of the situation and of your "blackballing" from the network.

Draft saved Draft deleted