1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich Rodriguez plays the "get a life" card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

This guy's brilliant. Not only do you lead your team to 8 losses for the first time in generations, now you insult your base.

At least Saban was smart enough to STFU after Bama lost to UL-Monroe.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rick Rod looking for an exit from Ann Arbor. Book it.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

buh, buh, buh... what about the multi-million dollar penalty?

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I disagree. People need to calm down. There are more important things in Michigan right now. Like saving the auto industry.

Besides the fans that are complaining about Rodriguez and the program's recent struggles aren't the smart fans. The smart fans knew this was a risk that was taken when he signed on. It is what it is.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A stupid move that calls Rodriguez's ability to function at the top level of his chosen field into serious doubt. For total doubt, trying reading one of his football offense theory pieces sometime, as I was forced to in my day job. Gibberish par excellence.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope. He's still a douche.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

I watched a little of the game Saturday against Northwestern and was struck by how awful the offense looked. Slow motion, unimaginative despite being in the spread every play, horrible quarterback play. It didn't look like anyone there -- the fans, players or Roddriguez -- was having any fun.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

To go where?
    He'd never make the money he is now anywhere.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm all for risks when necessary, but that's one hell of an expensive risk.

For that much money, I'd want a sure thing.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Somebody Else" will pay it. ::) ::)

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Michigan has smart fans?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Weis has a longer track record than Saban and Rodriguez in...what? Dude rode the coattails of Parcells (whom he threw under the bus during one of the Jets/Pats trials, think it was the one after Belichick bolted for the Pats in '00) and Belichick to a job he did not deserve or earn. He's on third base and thinks he hit a triple.

Weis is a fuckin joke. At least Saban has won a national title and won at multiple schools and at least Rodriguez built WVA into a pretty legit contender.

Draft saved Draft deleted