1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich Rodriguez plays the "get a life" card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And then wonder two years from now why he isn't appreciated when the Bammers expect a title every year since he delivered in his second year

2. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

You can't put Florida in there without mentioning Ohio State. And frankly, neither one is nearly entitled as Alabama or Notre Dame.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Or even UM.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But RR has NO legitimate defense to the criticism, at this point.

He should just shut up and take it.

I'm certain he's upset about how the criticism is upsetting his wife. All I can say to that, is:
    don't be such a dirtbag, and you won't be such a target.

But he's such a rabbit-eared douche, he's incapable of taking that advice.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not quite. Because as much as they bitch, they understand better times are ahead...

Of course, a 33-year-should-have-been-40-year bowl streak and not having a losing record in forever does give you a sense of entitlement. Even Bama and Notre Dame have had losing records and not gone to bowls.
    The difference is Bammers and Domers expect to win a national title every year. Michigan fans want to, but deep down know it ain't happening because their team finds a way to implode at least once.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

From all reports, Sparty is cleaning up in-state, for the first time in 40 years.

Since the state of Michigan has become pretty much a wasteland as far as producing top D-I talent, that may just be a tradeoff Rodriguez is fine making. But if he does, he better be kicking ass in Ohio and Pennsylvania, and open up some pipelines for skill-position players down south, too.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

LOL.

I meant a different UM.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

9. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

UM ran off Gary Moeller quickly. And yes, I know why. But at what point does all the stupid Rich Rodriguez is doing and saying again and again surpass what Moeller did on one regrettable night?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When Spurrier went to the Redkins, it didn't help that team, or Florida during the Zook Era.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But the players Zook brought in did pretty well.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, let's just say Rich Rod better not plan on getting hauled drunk out of any restaurants very soon. :eek:

Moeller had burned up most of his goodwill with several relatively-subpar seasons after taking over from Bo. Rodriguez has burned up most of his already, and whatever he has left will be gone if they get smoked in Columbus, as every logical indication says they will.

I would guess Tressel will probably take his foot off the gas if it really starts turning into a fire drill -- DickRod might be the kind of pinata/punching bag he might like to have around for a few years. :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted