1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich Rodriguez plays the "get a life" card

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True.

If Saban is coaching Notre Dame, I honestly feel they would be in the top-10. If not this year, then next year.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would that be a more insufferable situation for the rest of the nation than his current pairing of employer?

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Maybe, but at least it would show that he can coach and the other guy might not be able to on his own.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Listen, I hate the bastard, but he won it all at LSU and turned around a hornets-nest of a program at Bama in barely over a year.

His credentials in college football right now are, in my mind, unmatched by any coach.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

How come reporters don't call R-Rod on this?
    Why can't someone just ask him to justify his pay if college football doesn't mean as much?

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Saban and RR are absolutely two peas in a pod.

The SOB CAN coach. It remains to be seen if he can get
    everyone to buy into the spread offense in the frozen north.

This year's a mulligan. Carr didn't leave much. If he doesn't
    go bowling in '09, you'll hear the screaming.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It's right up there with why aren't reporters asking McCain about his quote from 6 years ago as it relates to that misanthrope he is now campaigning for.

Reporters certainly don't have the stones right now.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rich Rodriguez is being whiny. But it's also true that some fanbois need to get a life.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Why has Mizzou suddenly stopped using ellipses...???

??? :D

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not necessarily... The three most arrogant programs in college football are Notre Dame, Alabama and Florida.

The only difference is Florida might have earned that arrogance. The other two are trying to bask in the glow of success that happened a long, long time ago.

If Saban wins a national title at Bama this year, there should be little doubt in anyone's mind who the best coach in the game is. I think he's about 3-4 years ahead of schedule.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Or an intern in his own program.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ouch....

Draft saved Draft deleted