1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich Rod is apparently a HUGE Josh Grobin fan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportbook, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sportbook

sportbook Member

Can you image when Tressel gets a copy of this video? It has to be out there somewhere. Wave your hands in the air, Wolverines. Wave them like you just don't care.

http://detnews.com/article/20101203/OPINION03/12030414/Rich-Rod’s-performance-‘embarrassing’

2. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Sportbook - I posted the same thing a few minutes ago in the "Uh, Oh" thread.

Still, wow. Just amazing (as in amazingly bad).

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/72689/

3. sportbook

sportbook Member

This article summarizes the moment even better.

He cited Hebrews, talking about the faith he had in the program's direction, and talked about how Groban's "You Raise Me Up," inspires him before having it played. Rodriguez, his wife, Rita, Brandon and players stood on risers with their hands held above their heads as the song blared in the ballroom.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101203/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_michigan_rodriguez

4. sportbook

sportbook Member

Sorry, WolvEagle. I didn't see it. It definitely fits in the "Uh, Oh" thread.

5. sportbook

sportbook Member

Speech is here. Not sure if it includes the song.

http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1160761

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Allow me to stop by and say my bit before slamming my head into the desk regarding the state of my favorite sports team.

The guy can't win. First he's a hard ass because he over works players, now he's a pussy for playing Josh Groban. I personally wouldn't have chosen the song but whatever. Haters are going to hate.

And I will be really pissed off when Dave Brandon ends up firing him in 3 or 4 weeks. You won't accomplish anything by hiring a new coach that you wouldn't accomplish by switching defensive coordinators.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Just blame Michael Rosenberg.

Like Michigan fans do for everything else.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If you're gonna go there than you can PM me and we can discuss whether you think that investigative peice was well-put together.

9. sportbook

sportbook Member

I actually think Rich Rod will win big at Michigan if they keep him.

I also don't think this banquet helped him keep his job.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm sure you could cite me chapter and verse about what was wrong with it (even though the program is now on probation as a result).

Regardless, it doesn't justify firebombing his book's Amazon page with one-star reviews.

It doesn't justify personal attacks all over the Internet.

It doesn't justify threatening emails.

It doesn't justify taking a piss all over the comments section of every story the guy writes from here on out.

Michigan fans should thank the lord for Notre Dame and the SEC every day. Because those are the only loons that are loonier than Michigan fans.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I think you are generalizing now. I'm obviously a Michigan fan and I never did any of those things. I also own Rosenberg's book. He happens to be one of my favorite writers.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The guy's 6-18 in a conference that ain't the SEC or Big XII. Sorry Fat 10 apologists, but its just not that strong of a conference. This is year three of the WlatRod regime and they were boatraced by Ohio State and Fatconsin and didn't put up one quality win the entire Goddam year (UCONN doesn't count because, as bad as the Fat 10 is, the Fat East is worse).Not to mention near upsets by Indiana and UMass for fuck's sake. The guy's not making progress, period.

Draft saved Draft deleted