1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rice signs missle deal with Poland...what now?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Worked for us when the Soviets languished in Afghanistan.

2. It's simple, really -- we're right and they're wrong. I realize that sounds arrogant to some, but it's the truth.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If Rice did sign that deal, he can really kiss Cooperstown goodbye.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dammit! Beat me to it!

So I'll go with Plan B. It's times like this where we need Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

[​IMG]

5. Certainly. Have been more than once. We were wrong for sitting out WWII until 1941. And we were on the wrong side in South Africa.

But we're right a hell of a lot more often than we're wrong. And when it comes to us vs. a bunch of not-exactly-reformed communists, guys who still have Stalin's blood on their hands, it's a no-brainer.

6. True, but it can be boiled down to the basics, too. Is Georgia simon pure? No. But nobody is. Sometimes you have to go with the best alternative.

If you wait around for perfection, you'll be waiting forever, if you know what I mean.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Christ almighty. I'm beginning to think the SJ Chicken Little's are starting to outnumber SJ Masturbation Nation.

The sheer amount of extrapolation in this thread about what Russia or the U.S. will or won't do is enough to tear your ACL.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. Wrong to topple a democracy in Iran and install the Shah.

2. Wrong to enter Vietnam.

3. Wrong to support Osama bin Laden's insurgency in Afghanistan.

4. Wrong to invade Iraq.

5. Wrong to spend the past 17 years taunting the Bear by cozying up to everyone on its border and trying to isolate it.

That's five catastrophic wrongs in 50 years, about one every decade. Not even counting the ones you mentioned.

If we are going to use the world as our own personal chess board, it would be nice if we were hitting above the Mendoza Line.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

If Rice signed that deal, maybe Russia will seek a waiver deal to acquire some weapons before the September 1 deadline for postseason rosters.

Draft saved Draft deleted