1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rhoden: The dragnet only hauls in the top black athletes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ike Broflovski, Nov 19, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The owners of the Pirates should be charged with crimes against humanity.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I was going to say "they're knocked up and in labor?"

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey dragnet:
    My sources tell me to go after Tony Romo. Who does he think he is? Star out of nowhere, dating high profile chicks and masking it all under that smile and backwards cap. There's got to be some dirt on him. Find it.

Rhoden

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Steve Nash must be guilty of something. Seriously, a white Canadian who is MVP of the NBA. Clearly some intense investigation must be done.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hell, Springer is Jewish.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know it. Just having a little fun with the use of his show as evidence in a sociological debate.

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

hey asshole, my wife went to a couple of appointments by herself.
    would you have looked at her and called her white trash?

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Does she have all her teeth?

Any ankle tats?

Smoke no filter cigs?

Over 2 bills?

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I usually stay way the hell away from these threads, but I just wanted to add, 93, that you've gotta be careful drawing inferences about the women on that walk-through. Maybe some of them were without rings because their fingers were too swollen to wear them. Or their husbands/significant others were, you know, working. Or (God forbid!) there was a lesbian in the group there with a partner.

I spend at least a few hours every weekend at a coffee place near my house. I never go there with anyone else. I suppose you could infer that I am friendless if you saw me there, week after week, by myself and that's hardly the case.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Post a pic of her and let us decide.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I'm sorry, but I don't disagree with him here.
    I suppose you could say he is guilty of crying wolf a few too many times, but the intensity of the Vick deal went well beyond the severity of his (now admitted) crimes. Same for the lust with which the media and the government went after Bonds.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bullshit. Particularly bullshit on Vick. That got ugly because some people in this country get so damn sensitive about animal abuse. I know people who can watch human beings get cut to shreds in a movie and they are fine. But if the dog gets it? That's just too much.

And if I have to explain why Bonds was such a target to you, something is really wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted