1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rhoden: The dragnet only hauls in the top black athletes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ike Broflovski, Nov 19, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the French could catch Floyd Landis, they certainly were capable of catching Lance. Proving a negative is difficult, maybe Lance didn't cheat.

2. No, but Lance is.
    I'd wager more people would recognize his face than would recognize that of, say, Marion Jones.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The FBI probably doesn't read Le Monde. Well, Hoover did, but just for the recipes and the fashion layouts.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Well that's not fair, y'all look alike

5. Or, perhaps, for the coiffure.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Clyde, look! C'est adorable! Do we have a file on this guy?"

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Actually, lower-level wrestling federations stock much of his menagerie.

8. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I think Rhoden has outstanding intentions.
    I think Rhoden is a one-trick pony.
    I don't think Rhoden's columns have the impact he intends them to have.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS COMPARISON TO COMPARE BLACK PEOPLE TO ANIMALS! But I think Rhoden is kind of like the Crocodile Hunter or The Grizzly Man. I think he loves his cause, and he believes it's a noble cause, and it is a noble and just cause, but you can't beat people over the head with it all the time and go way too over the top and have rational people believe you. It doesn't work.

Rhoden has almost become the boy who cried wolf, in my opinion, because when he writes about real racism, most people glance right over it. And that's sad.

9. BBJones

BBJones Guest

Fenian_Bastard,

Is it really that easy for you to deny and denounce what the naked eye can see? This isn't racism. It's a commentary on the unfortunate sadness of sociology.

10. Fine. And on a thread dedicated to sociology it would be relevant. Here, it's just gas on the fire.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Rhoden wil get his wish if the wheels of justice come down on Denny Crane. In the meantime perhaps OJ in his spare time could use his investigative skills in finding white athletes breaking the law and bring them to the attention of Rhoden to write about.

I think its time the feds start lookng at John Kitna.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What, you don't think using The Jerry Springer Show was relevant?

Were there really never any Jews on Springer? Bigotry! We were left out! I know plenty of my Jewish brothers and sisters who were WELL qualified for train-wreck TV!

Draft saved Draft deleted