1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rhoden: The dragnet only hauls in the top black athletes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ike Broflovski, Nov 19, 2007.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Take a trip to where I live 93. It's like a casting call from Jerry Springer. Meth problems, single mothers, deadbeat dads, etc. And here's the shocking thing: they're all white!

Different waiting rooms look different in different parts of the country. It's more of class/poverty issue than a black/white issue.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

True. You are right.

There is a cycle of poverty in this country. No doubt, and it reaches across many races. I was going to say all, but I have never seen any Asain, Indian or Jewish on Springer. Maybe I missed those episodes.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

4. Again, what does this have to do with the contention that extremely wealthy and famous black athletes have a bullseye on their backs?

5. 93Devil

That there is no problem with Black America. The problem is with everyone else.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You do know that Springer is fake right?

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was the bitch that set up Isaiah Thomas working for whitey?

The question is, did someone sneak up behind Mr. Bonds and put the target there or was it self inflicted? Do any of Rhoden's characters have any personal choice?

And still the question remains, Why immunize Bonds from prosecution if he's the target?

8. 93Devil

I have not watched it in years. Well, at least they are not stupid enough to be doing the show then.

9. I do not understand your point, Devil. Truly, I don't.
    I understand 'yab completely.

10. 93Devil

I do agree with Rhoden that the mob going after Lance should be just as big as the mob going after Bonds.

At least I think that is what he was/is driving at.

11. The lack of interest by the Feds in Lance is curious.

12. 93Devil

Cycling is just not big here.

Baseball is big. Our Pres never owned Carbondale.

EDIT: Cannondale.

Draft saved Draft deleted