1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rhoden skips Wimbledown, writes anyway

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rhody31, Jul 8, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Ha ha, you like cock. Oh, sorry. I read that really fast.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, he said he likes his hand on his cock.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

His last eight movies have debuted at no. 1. He's like a sane Tom Cruise.

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Will Smith is so good even Wild Wild West debuted at No. 1 at the box office.

Think about that for a minute.

Yeah.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To be fair, Mikey buys out entire theaters so he can watch Will Smith.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I would bet he used his connections, or the Times', to get tix (either free or paid for), and I imagine his editors could care less about whether he left early or not, or whatever. I wouldn't say he's guilty of the biggest breach of ethics at the Times, right? I mean he didn't pump a crooked administration and he didn't plagarize for years and years.

Plus, what would you rather read from the non-beat writer or main columnist on duty there, another column recapping the match or something a little quirkier? i think it portrays how a lot of casual fans took in that match, not waiting for its end, me included.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I read the column and thought it was something different, a good read.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Is that not the point of a vacation?

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Hancock was an OK movie, a bit below Will Smith's best, but watching Charlize in action the last third of the movie was pretty cool. AND she is a goddess in the kitchen, to boot!!

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Plenty of scribes watching this one in the press centre, rather than out on court where it was really an incredible experience.

I just don't get that. Stay home, watch the six Wimbledon channels on DirecTV, get the transcripts mailed to you, and save your company thousands.

But I digress...

Draft saved Draft deleted