1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rhoden Gives Isiah a Pass

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

This trial may have the ironic and repulsive effect of keeping Isiah employed by the Knicks. If the Knicks fire him, it might be an admission of responsibility in this suit so they have to keep him.

When Mao was ruling communist China during the Cultural Revolution, they used to have show trials where they would take someone, make a public trial of accusations against them, find them guilty, and then execute them.

Now, I think the US justice system is a lot better than that, but I can't help but wish that Isiah should have to go thru a show trial except for the execution part. A prosecutor could question Isiah about his post-basketball career, asking him how he screwed up the Toronto Raptors, the CBA, and the New York Knicks. Ask how he could be so incompetent. And then have Knick fans testify against him. It would be fitting justice.

If anyone gets a pass in Rhoden's column, it is Jim Dolan, the idiot child who hired Isiah Thomas. Dolan could go on trial for that and maybe be asked to explain how the New York Rangers would have such a high payroll and miss the playoffs for seven straight years.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it true that when Thomas swore to tell the truth he said,
    "So Help Me, Me"

Draft saved Draft deleted