1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rey Maualuga sneaks up behind Erin Andrews and 'dances' behind her. Offensive?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I understand. Talk in the abstract, TP doesn't understand. Must use every word in its literal sense.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Fitting post, coming from your handle.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Funny how someone with a handle of "dailygrind" thinks that a football player grinding next to an attractive reporter doesn't see any problem.

It's offensive. Period. If he was doing it to look good in front of his buddies, it was dumb. If he was doing it just because he can, it was dumb. Immature. GTFU. Now.

Admittedly, the Erin Andrews topics grow old (yet I post, much like the train wreck one can't avoid seeing). But I have my serious doubts that she did anything to warrant this kind of idiocy.

EDIT: DC beat me to the first graf ... :)

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't really care about Erin's side of this. I see a dumbass kid with no respect for females. Think there's a chance anyone on USC's staff gets in his face and tells him to not ever do that again? Unfortunately I doubt it.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Sez the guy with a handle that's a double entendre describing what Maualuga was mimicking.

6. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

::)

Go bump a two-year-old thread.

7. ehlobuddy

ehlobuddy New Member

Would he have done this if Erin Andrews were a man? If it was Aaron Andrews? I cannot comprehend how anyone can be defending this idiot.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Wanna bet he's being glorified by other guys for pulling that stunt? Nothing like rewarding bad behavior.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I can understand a comment among friends/teammates, something like "man, she looks good."

We're men. We like to look at women (in a non-creepy way) whenever the opportunity arises.

But this? Like others have said, it was offensive, juvenile and simply more of the B.S. women in the profession are forced to deal with everyday.

10. TheSportsPredictor

You're denying your thread handle is a double entendre that describes the action Maualuga was mimicking?

11. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Which has what to do with anything? I wasn't condoning his actions, like "dailygrind" was.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, it's the whole boys will be boys/frat dude mentality.

I'd be shocked if Maualuga wasn't getting kudos from his buds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.