1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rex Ryan in an accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here we go.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/22/rex-ryan-car-accident-uninjured-jets-crash_n_2529631.html

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

And the NYP does not disappoint:

[​IMG]

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great page.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When Ryan is at his next job a year or two from now it will be quite the adjustment to be able to go on vacation without being stalked by reporters and not have every move he makes chronicled by the local paper...

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mizzou, I think there's a line that journalists shouldn't cross. I recall being out for drinks with friends and several athletes from the team I was covering were in the same place. I could see the look in their face that they were uncomfortable. I walked over to their table, said 'Hello' purchased a round of drinks and told them to have a good night. I also told them keep out the police blotter. They laughed and before leaving purchased a round for my table. It was classy but point was made. Their down time was my down time.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The epilogue: the starting lineup was suspended for having too high a BAC at a road block.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When I was covering colleges, I would run into players who I knew weren't 21 at the bars pretty regularly. I remember telling a couple of them, "Unless you get arrested or suspended, it's not my business..."

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I bet you get that a lot.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't believe this for a second. I don't believe the athletes would ever hit the town without taking their guy Drip along for the fun.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

@21 no.
    @Longtime. Yeah it happens sometimes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.