1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revised subject: If allowed, would most female spouses prefer life as the boss?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: Well, hey, maybe it's a win-win if the female is the head of the household.

Maybe you should sit the next play out, Champ.

2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

No one has had more consistently awful thread titles than the poster in question. I've said this in the past.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

No way I pass up a round of golf to go to the mall simply because that's what the matriarch said. That's not a marriage.

Now I got to play 18 Sunday because my buddy's kid plays and asked if my boy wanted to play too; Sweet. Unfortunately for my wife, she had to do the grocery shopping for the week (which she hates.) I try to balance things as much as possible to give her free time to make up for the golf as well as planning activities for the whole family on the weekend. That's my marriage.

4. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

But you visit them often, Uncle Fuckus..i mean Ruckus.

5. dog eat dog world

But just for you, Uncle, I'd start one on...."The Obama Christmas: What's the perfect gift for our Messiah" but we allow only one political threads.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

It's a shame we allow only one threads.

Moron.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm confused.
    You believe that the man is the sole source of authority in the common American hetero household, but at the same time you believe we are in the process of demasculinization of society?

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Dog, the bdsm "bit" about it is just a twist on 50 Shades of Grey, except with the woman in charge and more use of strap-ons. Your friend probably gets spanked. It's okay. It's probably something he wants, ie., he's submissive, she's dominant, they found each other, and they're happy.

The bad thing is if it really catches on we'll get a Maureen Dowd column that makes her RGIII-Obama one look like Death of a Racehorse in comparison.

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I know Dog's whole story. He and his brother-in-law Bernie cashed in their stock certificates and insurance policies and they went out and bought a dry-cleaning establishment. Then another place down the street opens up and is charging less. Then Bernie says to him "buy me out" and soon after that dog's wife says " you care more about the lousy business than you do about me."

10. dog eat dog world

For the benefit of Ruckus, who in some research of his posts offers little except personal insults, I'm going back to the laptop so I can communicate clearer, and I'm throwing my ipod/iphone (same effect, same issues) in the trash, so to speak. Why people like to check anything but scores on these sons-of-bitches is beyond me.

I wasn't trying to start a discussion on bondage. But, from time to time, my wife says she wishes she had a husband who gave the remote on Saturdays and Sundays more attention than her and doesn't show much interest (depends on who is playing that day) in going to estate sales, mall, etc. just to be doing something together. I understand it's a give and take and in the fall especially, I'm doing more taking. I wish she was more of a sports fan like those gals in the NFL commercials. But she wasn't and I knew that when we tied the knot 22 years ago. She liked one team, in one sport, college basketball - and yeah, I made a few dates out of grilling and those games.

So when I ask this, I'm thinking of the non sports babes, or the sports babes whose husbands show no interest in it....if they could shape their husbands into submitting to their will, would they prefer it that way? Throw in control of the checkbook too, because that brings about the most conflict in most marriages.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Your revised title is worse than the original.

Most of us don't even allow our wives to go out in public, dog. You think we're going to allow them to have input in our lives?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.