1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revised subject: If allowed, would most female spouses prefer life as the boss?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Re: Well, hey, maybe it's a win-win if the female is the head of the household.

So, in other words: It's not normal. But neither would it be normal for the man to completely control the agenda.

Seems simple enough.

2. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I get you, but it went one way for centuries. Would it shift the other way without the axis being loosened? I mean with "Stepford Wives" came the movie "Stepford Husbands." lmao...

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If the point of this can be boiled down to, "does dog eat dog's wife have carte blanche to beat the shit out of him" than I'm all in favor. Enjoy your new gimp existence.

4. Dick Whitman

So?

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be normal for only one person to make all the decisions. In a loving relationship those should be discussed, shared and agreed upon.

What a stupid fucking scenario. Shopping over golf because she says so? Grow some balls.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Y-E-S

7. dog eat dog world

But more toward the middle, wives will typically say that their husbands don't venture into their world, so to speak....(their interests, etc.). I'm sorry, but shopping at the mall is one of the most hideous forms of torture I can imagine. If I could do all my Christmas shopping at the "Get In, Get Out," I would. Would any guy in here admit to enjoying shopping with the Mrs., at say, at Bath and Body Works or to a lesser extent, Dillards?

8. Dick Whitman

I'm not sure my wife enjoyed going to see "Moneyball" the night it opened.

But she did.

9. dog eat dog world

To add:
    Besides, those "trips" solo have gotten us into checkbook hell before.

Shit, there's my answer. Maybe I should go shopping with her.

Thanks Bubbler. The shopping alone will beat the shit out of me.

10. dog eat dog world

I didn't enjoy "Moneyball" as much as I thought I would. I think it was the hype in here had me overanticipating a blockbuster when in fact it was basically the story I already knew.

11. Dick Whitman

Can I change my vote for Thread of the Year?

12. dog eat dog world

Do I get a cash prize for creating it? Especially in "Sports and News"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.