1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revised subject: If allowed, would most female spouses prefer life as the boss?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Here's the story:
    Friend of mine has turned down golf outings several times of late. I have this conversation with my wife about it and she said "oh...(recognizing that a friend of his wife's is a friend of hers)....she goes on to tell me that they've picked up a new method of relating to one another.....called a female-led relationship. The key is that he's not playing golf because she takes him shopping, to craft shows, etc. She apparently runs the money (that's not unusual when the guy can't control his spending), but she also decides their social life....everything goes through her for permission, that kind of thing. So she says, "sounds good to me."..then googles it and says, "naaah, thats too twisted" (and it seems to be linked to the bdsm bit.

But it got me to wondering, outside of the twisted stuff, is the rest of this kind of reverse role playing more normal than I think, or would women prefer this? I mean, I don't want to try and stereotype to offend but most women I know don't have the passionate interest in sports unless their kids are playing and would just as likely be at the mall...and to me, would have their minds blown if their hub "liked" shopping with her.

Me? I have trouble giving up a round of golf. Wish my wife would learn the game though. Shopping? I'm one of those guys who gets yanked into the display where five guys are in between a round hanger of dresses with a tv on and a case of beer, watching football.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Re: Well, hey, maybe it's a win-win if the female is the head of the household.

You have to do a better job of coming up with your fake stories and your straw men.

freqposter is conducting a seminar. 5:00 Wednesday at the Marriott ballroom in Des Moines. Turn left at the cornfield.

3. dog eat dog world

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That first post is barely coherent. Do you understand syntax and grammar at all?

5. dog eat dog world

Besides, if I let my wife handle the finances, my golf game would go to shit far worse than it has now.

6. LongTimeListener

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. dog eat dog world

Good gosh, trying to have some fun with a topic and some ass comes in and starts criticizing sentence structure. Lighten up, Dreunc.

But for your benefit, killing the setup to the question to get to the point for your mfing benefit: how many would consider normal a relationship where the woman makes all the decisions and controls all the finances and the social agenda? Is that effing clear enough?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Would you consider the converse "normal"?

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Is this sports or news?

To answer your question, there are some guys out there who allow their wives to control everything about their social lives. Either scared of confrontation, or just big pusses, or just love their wife's company more than guys.

10. dog eat dog world

It's a give and take I guess. Over time, the "traditional" sense of one being head of house has changed....but historically, men were the dominant figure in a household. Considering this question was posed by Dick, I'm almost paranoid it's going to become political. lol.

That being said, some of my conservative buddies think men have been had been de-manned in this culture.

11. LongTimeListener

Next on Maury: "I Have No Interest In Spending Time With This Annoying Guy, So Can I Ditch Him And Blame It On My Wife?"

12. dog eat dog world

shit, I'm sorry. I thought I posted it on anything goes. Can it be moved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.