1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

REVIEW: BK Quad Stacker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hello again, your favorite carnavore chiming in to give you the scoop on the BK Quad Stacker. For those unfamiliar, here's a description:

Bun
    Cheesy sauce
    Bacon
    Cheese
    Meat
    Cheese
    Meat
    Cheese
    Meat
    Cheese
    Meat
    Bun

The burger itself is delicious. However, I've got a problem with its size. It's too small. Hard to believe that's true about something that has four pieces of meat, but it is. If I'm going to eat something that has four patties in it, I should need two hands. This one rested comfortably in my palm.

The bottom line is this: If you're looking for a big burger at BK, don't get the Quad Stacker. Go for the Triple Whopper instead and add bacon if you want it.

2. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I try to not to pig out on fast food, so I stick with the double stacker. Love it. Absolutely love it.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thread coming to a theatre near you ...

RIP: Freelance Hack.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Bun
    coronary
    stroke
    Pulmonary embolism
    coronary
    stroke
    atherosclerosis
    special sauce
    bun

5. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

From the BK web-site:

1,000 calories
    680 calories from fat

68 grams of fat
    30 grams of saturated fat

Cholesterol: 280 mg
    Sodium: 1,800 mg

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Why not call one of these burgers the BK DOA or McDfibulator

7. Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus Member

"It's better to burn out than fade away."
    -- Neil Young

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Too small"

The only people who should be eating that are ultra-marathoners or someone with a terminal disease.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No offense, Freelance... But anyone who willingly eats that should be required to wear a dunce cap and pump his or her head full of nails with an air gun. If they want health insurance, they should go in a special pool full of other culinary stars and pay quadruple-digit premiums every month.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This reminds me of my favorite food review ... EVAR:

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0744/

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The Ultimate Cheeseburger from JITB is a very nice-sized sandwich, but since I rarely eat fast food, it's more than enough.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, eating this would be acceptable for certain types of people. I guess football players could get away with it. Plus, if you're already 400+ pounds with no foreseeable future as a human being who doesn't resemble a monster truck, you may as well throw caution to the wind and chow down. Fill your bowl full of jelly with a tray full of dead animals and chicken miscarriages.

Man, that was funny. Great review.

Draft saved Draft deleted