1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rev. Wright's church responds--this is really funny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I guess my question is: Will Clinton still be able to count on the black vote after the holidays?

I can't help but think that it was her camp that released the hounds. Are folks going to be willing to come pack and pet the puppy after it chased them down the road?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Screw you.
    Now life is better.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

A couple of things from that post, because I thought Bob Cook's story was actually quite telling:
    * For folks who dislike Obama, this is Christmas? Again, isn't it about what's best for the country, and not what satisfy's people's dislikes or hatreds? I mean, I despise George Bush, but I don't pray for soldiers to die, for the surge to fail or for the economy to tank so I'll have a reason to waggle my finger.
    * Yada, yada, yada? Talking his way out of it? C'mon. When John McCain made his statement that he disagrees with what Hagee said on several occasions, that was enough for me. Back to business and real issues. So why can't others do the same for Obama?

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

I thought it was a hell of a speech. It was bold and it seemed honest. I don't think it will change any minds because people jumping on this Wright story don't want their minds changed.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

DING! DING! DING!

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Great speech. I agree that some people will come away dissatisfied with his handling of the pastor's statements, but only because that's what they wanted in the first place. This was a nice touch:

One of the most powerful passages was when he spoke of Reverend Wright: “I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother – a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe. These people are a part of me. And they are a part of America, this country that I love.”

7. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Good stuff.

Even gooder.

8. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

The speech was an attempted moral defense of marxism. Scary dude.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

::)

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Oy.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The problem supporters of the incumbent must face up to is that NO ONE is scarier than Fredo, especially in his assumed what-me-worry persona.

No one's scarier than Bubble Boy.

No one's been scarier than Bubble Boy so long as any of us have been alive.

No. One.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It'd be nice if people actually knew what Marxism was before they hit the post button.

Draft saved Draft deleted