1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reuters: Thirty large U.S. corporations paid no income tax between 2008-10

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Nov 3, 2011.

  1. printdust

    printdust New Member

    http://news.yahoo.com/thirty-companies-paid-no-income-tax-2008-2010-042531293.html

    I didn't see the list of 30 but they mention a few.

    Million dollar campaign donation for tens of millions in tax breaks.

    Congress will do any trick you want, pimps.
     
  2. LongTimeListener

    LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

    But think of all the jobs they didn't create!
     
  3. Baron Scicluna

    Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

    But, but I thought only the poor was among the 45 percent not paying taxes? You mean the other 55 percent is carry corporations as well?
     
  4. poindexter

    poindexter Well-Known Member

    So exactly why don't Republicans like Obama?
     
  5. LongTimeListener

    LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

    He called them fat cats while taking their money. It was very uppity of him.
     
  6. poindexter

    poindexter Well-Known Member

    "Uppity" is one of my favorite all time words.
     
  7. Flying Headbutt

    Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

    My local utility, Pepco, made that list. Pepco is to power companies like Prairie View A&M circa 1998 was to football.
     
  8. Johnny Dangerously

    Johnny Dangerously Active Member

    At first, I thought you said local uppity.
     
  9. printdust

    printdust New Member

    It's shocking that the thought on here seems to be Republicans are the only benefactors of these boys' bribes and coercion. They own both sides of the aisle.
     
Draft saved Draft deleted

Share This Page