1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reuters: Landis fails doping test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

No, that's not at all how this just worked, and you're still backtracking (still badly). You said "he cheated on his wife, why wouldn't he cheat at cycling?" Which goes beyond calling his character into question. It essentially assumes that he must have cheated. Anyone with a comprehension of the language beyond that of a newborn or 2006 immigrant would understand that. Trounced, this isn't a dinner conversation. It's a message board. Everyone can SEE the documentation of your idiocy. You might as well step out of the argument, because there is no way anyone with a functioning brain would believe your bullshit right now.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A tragic condemnation of American public education, he is. (Assuming he went to public school. Or, for that matter, went to school. There I go, following his lead and assuming facts most surely not in evidence.)

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Damn right. I owe you a beer for that post.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

trounced,

Maybe Lance was drunk when he cheated on his wife. Things happen.

He likely wasn't drunk when pedaling around France.

Ergo, he wasn't cheating.

5. trounced

trounced Active Member

Yes, it is a message board. That's why it can very clearly be seen that you took what I very clearly wrote and made into something entirely different. I wrote: "He cheated on his wife. Why wouldn't he cheat at cycling?" I didn't write, "He cheated on his wife so obviously he cheated at cycling."

I think anyone who has the supreme lack of character to cheat on his or her spouse should be scrutinized more more carefully. It speaks directly to their character. Never did I say that anyone who cheated on a spouse automatically cheats at a race or game. You're the one that made that leap. You misrepresented what I wrote. It's right there for anyone to see.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Trounced.

Give it up. You continue to sound like a grade 3 dropout.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

You're right, pal. You win. I misrepresented your facts. I shouldn't have misunderestimated you at all. I just hope all the people reading this thread will forgive me for being so wrong.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Guy on ESPN said it was strictly procedural. Basically, as soon as there's an A sample positive, the suspension is automatic. That's what he's claiming, at least.

Next question: Does it strike anyone as unfair that an A sample positive is made public before confirmation through the B sample? Let's be honest here -- as Idaho said before (and I agree, completely) Landis will be tainted in the eyes of the public, and will be forever.

9. trounced

trounced Active Member

Misunderestimated? Wow, you make up words too.

10. Trounced,

Your point is a valid one. It's like the old saying about guys who cheat at golf -- it can tell you a lot about their character.

Maybe it also says a lot about the character of the people who are unnecessarily trashing you.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Wow, trounced and Lyman both agreeing on an absolutely idiotic statement, what a shock.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

oh goodie, the other neo-con drone has showed up for an entirely unpolitical argument. This should be a WONDERFUL thread now.

By the way, trounced, since everyone else is too busy snickering at you for being an idiot, go google "misunderestimated" and the name of your beloved Rancher-in-Chief.

Draft saved Draft deleted