1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reuters: Landis fails doping test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I never said you were wrong, just saying you were saying the exact same thing as board whipping boy trounced.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In some sports, if you cheated and don't get caught, it's a badge of honor.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I asked a longtime cycling writer, a guy who has covered the Tour for decades, if he thought Lance cheated and he said, "Without a doubt.."

I asked him why no one has written that and he said, "Nobody here wants to read that..."

4. trounced

trounced Active Member

Re: Reuters: Landis has positive doping test?

No, the first of his two ex-wives is not making the accusations in this story.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

To interrupt the Landis and Armstrong crucifixions for one second ...

FWIW, the expert interviewed on ESPN says B samples very often read differently when dealing with testosterone positives. He also said every testosterone positive that has ever been appealed has been overturned.

Their basic premise, it seems: Testosterone is so easy to catch that there's no way he'd have doped that way.

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm with Mizzou.

The annual fellation of bicycle riders by the American media is sickening.  

At least with Bonds you can make some sort of argument that even with steroids his skills are pretty sick.  When it comes to riding a bike, it's just a cheating contest.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You really, REALLY do not want to go there trounced. If that's the case, then ANY of the people you've ever held up as being good and legit should and would be called into question and trashed.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

trounced --
    No matter how you torture the English language, cheating on one's spouse is an idiom. The words don't even mean the same thing, let alone suggest anything toward one another. That's linguistically.

Logically, your argument never gets started. It makes no sense. A, so B. You're missing an entire step.

Try to speak the tongue we've all agreed on, please.

9. trounced

trounced Active Member

I think the character of anyone who cheated on a spouse should be called into question. How can it not be?

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Right, and Tyler Hamilton didn't blood dope....he has more hemoglobin because of a twin brother that was never born.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That stood out when I read the story. Loading up on testosterone is ancient in the world of doping. I can't believe somebody would try that now.

12. Mizzou,

Maybe I'm getting the wrong impression here, but based on your posts it appears that you beleive that the Lance doping story is there and someone is sitting on it. Wouldn't breaking that almost be a Wood / Stein moment for someone?

Draft saved Draft deleted