1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reuters: Landis fails doping test

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hungryhungryhippo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

If these stories are true, does that make Armstrongs denials look more believable? The Tour has managed to catch all the big players in recent years, except the one they wanted the most.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

What a bitch. I'm with Mizzou, these fucks will never learn. What's worse, finishing 10th clean or getting busted after winning?

And then he disappears, presumably because he found out? A grade A pussy.

Go America.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Re: Reuters: Landis has positive doping test?

Apparently he doesn't.

And if this is true, it sucks.

4. trounced

trounced Active Member

Uhhh, thanks for the tip. It wasn't necessary. Armstrong cheated too. It hasn't hurt him any. He gets the kid gloves treatment.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Whatever reporter finally has the balls to expose Lance for the fraud that he is will be my hero...

Nobody in this country wants to touch that story because the everybody wants to believe that Armstrong didn't cheat.

If Landis failing this test results in more investigating of Armstrong, I'll be very happy about all of this...

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How are they going to test Lance any more -- run an autopsy?

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You're going to be presenting your rock-solid evidence of this any minute, right?

8. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

Wow. I can't wait to see what the guys on Around the Horn have to say about this.

9. bd11

bd11 Member

What a kick to the stomach this story is. I hope it is not true.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding. Somebody probably spiked his water bottle. /benjohnson

11. I think this actually, like someone else already pointed out, make Armstrong look better. They tested him for years and he came up clean again and again. But they catch Landis, guys like Ullrich and Basso were implicated in a scandal, and on and on. Now that doesn't mean Armstrong never juiced; it just adds to his defense.

Meanwhile, this just makes cycling look like more and more of a joke.

12. Farbecker

Farbecker Active Member

Pretty good quote from Floyd's mom in the AP story:

Arlene Landis, his mother, said Thursday that she wouldn't blame her son if he was taking medication to treat the pain in his injured hip, but "if it's something worse than that, then he doesn't deserve to win."

Draft saved Draft deleted