1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Retractable-roof stadium in Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Feb 4, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I find it funny Song Seven, that you're ripping crimsonace, telling him to "get over yourself" while you have a date telling everyone when you shook the hand of the lead singer of a crappy band?

Moving on...

MMSW: Good point. I forgot about the whole retractable roof... I'm a moron. With the roof open or close, time to get out the measure tape, Mr. Hackman... the basket is still 10-feet high and the free throw line is still 15-feet away.

2. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's impossible -- the Mellon roof no longer opens because of the new scoreboard they installed a decade ago. You can thank Howard Baldwin for blowing up the old one while filming "Sudden Death."

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

http://ncaasports.com/images/ncaasports/d1_bkc_seating_2007.pdf

Look at what they're doing with the Georgia Dome for this year's Final Four. Who in the hell is going to pay $120 to sit in section 305?

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No one will pay $120. I'm sure however, there will be people paying double or triple that to sit there.

Draft saved Draft deleted