1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Retardation 101

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

OK, you're a star forward on you're college basketball team, what's the last thing you're going to do? Ho about robbing a pizza delivery man. What and idiot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/08/26/bc.bkc.playerarrested.ap/index.html/

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

In Tyrone's defense...the New Mexico State booster club isn't known for their generosity. If he was playing at a powerhouse, he'd be given enough money to eat and eat well.

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

nice.

still doesn't top my all-time favorite athlete crime. in the early 90s some football players at a community college in iowa (i want to say ellsworth community college but i could be wrong) robbed the library. at their own school. brilliant.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well if you're going to risk your future, why not try to knock over the highly lucrative school library ... fricken hilarious

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

"I want a Victor Hugo anthology and all the cash you got in your drawer."

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

What about the Carter High School football players whose robbery spree was documented toward the end of "Friday Night Lights"? Apparently they were all fairly affluent kids who did it for kicks but wound up with lengthy prison sentences.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

This marks a new era for New Mexico State. They actually kicked the kid off the team following his arrest.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Now Coach Bill Fuller is going to have to give the blonde chick some playing time. I wonder how she will adjust to playing on a regulation-sized court instead of the 30-foot long patch of hardwood from "Hang Time."

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's dumb. That Hugo book is way to heavy to make a quick getaway.

Go for Hemingway. He writes tighter.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

No, you want Steinbeck or Ambrose Bierce. Except for "Grapes of Wrath," Johnny S's work is easy on the get-away scale.

And Bierce? One volume and out. Can't beat it for sheer ease of movement.

11. Retardation?

I think the thread title reflects as poorly on the person who wrote it as the link does on the player who robbed the pizza guy.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Of come on, those will all clearly be beyond him, I'm sure the 'Choose your own Adventure' series would be much more up his alley.

Draft saved Draft deleted