1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resume writers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Jun 23, 2008.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Has anyone paid a person or service to write your resume? I'm still using the same tired template I used a few years ago and am in need of an upgrade.

Any suggestions?

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I've done several resumes in the past for friends and acquaintances. Earned a little spending money in the process.

In the past, I used PageMaker. Today, I use Microsoft Publishing, although I designed my wife's with this ResumeMaker program. It has its pros and cons, but I'm more comfortable with the freedom Publisher gives me.

3. JackReacher

Natty Light cheap?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Just make stuff up.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Wait, you mean you're not a former executive vice president of the White Sox fan club?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You say this even when you know there's a few Natty Lights in it for you if you can just pretend to be good at producing a resume.

Sometimes I think you WANT to fail. I really do.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

He's holding out for the Miller Lite.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

He never said Natty Light in a can.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is why I like you, Pall, even though you and your favorite team and your favorite band and your favorite political party all suck on a grand level. :D You get the give and take here better than just about anyone.

Oh crap wrong thread. Oh well.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Does it make you look bad if you're looking for a newspaper gig and can't write your own resume?

11. JackReacher

Who said I was looking for a newspaper gig?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. He may want a job in the business world and you need someone to throw in fancy words like cross departmental interactivity and actualization and process and such.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted