1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resume paper?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SixToe, Feb 6, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I think the resume paper thing is mostly to make you feel good.

But I would avoid the cheap stuff they use in your printers at work.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

As someone who has hired several people and seen even more resumes from applicants I can honestly say I don't give a shit what kind of paper is used. Has never factored into a hiring decision in even the slightest fashion.

3. I don't think anyone is suggestioning that the paper will have an impact, but it is part of the overall first impression. If you send it on nicer paper, it helps put out a nice first impression. If you send it on plain white printer paper with faded type, that is going to send out a bad impression. Again, it's not going to be the deciding factor (if it was, how the hell would want that job anyway?), but I'd think, for some anyway, it probably plays a part, even subconsciously.

Of course, if what is written on the paper isn't good enough, well then who cares.

I had an interview about in which the hiring editor told me that I was the only person that did not have an error on the resume or cover letter. This was for a copy editing job.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Make sure it's scented.

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

what is paper?

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

exactly what i was thinking.

Draft saved Draft deleted