1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restricting news conferences to working journalists?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JPsT

JPsT Member

Yes, great idea. Let's have the press associations license journalists and organizations.

That's really what I want to deal with as a journalist. More bureaucracy and less freedom of the press.

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

If I ever hold a news conference, those who have press association-issued licenses to attend news conferences won't be admitted. Legitimate independent reporters from all forms of media will be admitted.

3. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

My experience with press associations is that they are loaded with mainstream media types who would quite possibly be aghast at the prospect of having to associate with bloggers, no matter how well these "basement bois" happen to do their job.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you guys and gals are cool with who is at your press conferences and locker rooms asking questions, then what I suggested is not needed.

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Instead of stopping hecklers, shouldn't we figure out how to keep Whitlock from attending press conferences?

Draft saved Draft deleted