1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restricting news conferences to working journalists?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, the journalists there should lie to him and then text him a picture of their cock.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So would not tweeting pictures of your johnson to constituents.

If you hate clowns, don't inspire a circus.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think it's a bad idea. However, if I'm there to cover an event I'd probably feel differently if hecklers make it tougher to do my job.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let's be honest. How often does it happen?

Did hecklers hurt anything today? He wasn't taking questions.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd like to be at some of these Monday college football ass-grabs with a few guys in the back shouting "Houston Nutt! You suck!"

6. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

The heckling made it harder to hear what Weiner was saying. It was another example of there still being plenty of room for improvement in this nation.

7. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Who are the people who shout that at Houston Nutt news conferences/media availabilities?

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

FWIW (which isn't much), your stance on credentialing people at press conferences has evolved in the last five years:
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/919988/

Not critcizing, just thought it was funny that of the few posts you've made here, two of your threads come in conflict a bit.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He held the event in a public place.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So is a little league baseball game, but you would get in trouble, and kicked out, if you started cussing at the top of your lungs on the sidelines.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

simply as a viewer with no stake in any of this, the heckling pissed me off. i tuned in only to hear what this guy had to say and how he said it. the heckling interfered with that. if i was a reporter at the event i would've been darn pissed off.

weiner called a presser to announce his resignation. we all knew he wouldn't be taking any questions. some folks even wondered beforehand why he had called a presser when no questions were allowed; he couldli've just released a letter of resignation, gone into hiding, worked on reconstructing his marriage and devising the strategy for his future.

when crap like this goes down, it pisses me off 'cause i'd think it just encourages future figures who call pressers to go the 'released statement' route. why expose yourself (no pun) to this kind of b.s. when you don't have to?

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Sweet. How about instead of making me sit through a 4:21 second speech, you just, you know, tell me what happened since you obviously saw it.

Draft saved Draft deleted