1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Restricting news conferences to working journalists?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Howard 100 News. Google it.

Lisa Glassberg, Shuli Egar and Steve Langford. Two of the three are legitimate journalists. They're not the ones who have hijacked news conferences though.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I didn't hear it, but what was the heckle?
    Sometimes the heckles are actually the questions that need to be asked that never get asked. Take the Stanley Cup Finals - no journo thought to ask Luongo about if he played with Tim Thomas' style, could he have saved those three goals in the first period last night. It was very relevent, especially after Luongo criticized Thomas for giving up the goal in Game 5.

3. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

In this case, if someone had recognized that it was Benji from 'The Howard Stern Show" he should have been made to leave.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because God forbid anyone make a mockery of a press conference at which a politician is resigning for twittering pictures of his dick.

5. BujuBanton

BujuBanton Member

He has an entire staff called Howard 100 News that has people with legit news backgrounds that work for him full time. There is also this thing called freedom of speech, oh and freedom of the press. A sense of humor makes life more bearable as well - you should look into it.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It would be nice if colleges wouldn't hold "press conferences" to introduce the new coach and invite boosters to attend.

7. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

The statement and heckling can be seen here, http://bit.ly/m1q3xs

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure revolutionaries in the 1770s would have gone through the proper channels to get a license.

9. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Outgoing Rep. Anthony Weiner still deserves to be treated with respect.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sure.

Can I go get some slaves down in Richmond while I am at it?

This is a different time.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Removing someone for disrupting a press conference isn't the same as requiring credentials.

12. Mr. X

Mr. X Active Member

Requiring credentials would reduce the chance of a news conference being disrupted.

Draft saved Draft deleted