1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rest in Bees'e: Burt Shavitz, founder of Burt's Bees

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Switched to this after growing up rubbing Suzie Chapstick on my lips.

The man whose bearded visage adorns one of America’s best known natural brands — and the co-founder of a multimillion-dollar company who missed out on a large part of its good fortune — is gone. Burt Shavitz, the face of Burt’s Bees, has died at 80.

“Burt Shavitz, our co-founder and namesake, has left for greener fields and wilder woods,” the company said in a statement posted to its Web site. “We remember him as a bearded, free-spirited Maine man, a beekeeper, a wisecracker, a lover of golden retrievers and his land. Above all, he taught us to never lose sight of our relationship with nature. Thanks for everything, Burt. You will live in our hearts forever.”

[Meet Burt’s Bees co-founder — a passive-aggressive Zen master who missed out on millions]

Burt Shavitz, cantankerous hippie co-founder of Burt’s Bees, dead at 80 - The Washington Post

[​IMG]

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd rub Suzie Chapstick on my lips.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I guess Burt will be enbalmed on the outside, too.

expendable and Vombatus like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Cause of death?

[​IMG]

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

RIP.... I highly recommend the gentle facial cleanser.

Draft saved Draft deleted