1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's a great call. Only possible negative is it wouldn't piss me off to have to do that and probably wouldn't piss him off either. Still, I'm game.
    You have to join us, lardass.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hank, I'm gonna have nightmares now! Damn you, damn you to hell. :D

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, just trying to help you keep your New Year's Resolution. Mr. Bean is closer to your age, ya know.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I know I wasn't invited... But I think it'd be fun to take in a ballgame with moddy and BYH. Look at it this way. You might need someone to referee everything past the two hour mark. Will you two commit to staying beyond the sixth inning, unlike the bozos in Toronto who bailed on the game?

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not all of us did, Ragu. Not all of us.

BYH, if I couldn't see my feet, I'd have problems. That would require a gut rated "out of category."

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm going to learn how to bake bread

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... you mean without files and blades? :D

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Despite my earlier post, this weight loss/fatness talk has inspired me to come up with a resolution: maintain my perfect V in the hipbone area. Or as I learned in Esquire this month, the inguinal ligament. I will cry if that ever goes away.

Now, Moddy, I am being an asshole. Muwahahahahahhahaa.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Hey! Just because some of us wanted to sip on some Alexander Keith's and flirt with EF [/Hi!IJAG!]... does not mean we're bozo's :)

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Lose weight.

Spend less time online.

Spend more time with my kids.

Take an overseas trip.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I resolve to every year get my finances in order, and here, several 401ks cashed in and many dollars spent later, I got my MC bill for the month yesterday, and it was another disaster.

Just by cutting out shots, for myself and others, I could probably get pretty close. But we'll see. It hasn't worked so far.

I'm going to pay this one off, and then I'm going to tap home equity and maybe be credit card free in mid-January. That's the opportunity for (another) fresh start.

But I can't ever tap a 401k again if I don't want to be A) working until death or B) eating cat food. And I have taxes on my Wilma withdrawal for the next three years.

Child support ends when I'm 55, and then I'll have money, but that's four years to build the debt back up if I don't change things substantially, and it's also not much time to catch up.

Oh, well. You can't take it with ya, right?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are invited now.

Nats are at Baltimore June 12-14. I pick that one for, well, obvious reasons but also because I think the distance is good for all of us.
    They close the season in Philly if we want to go see a meaningless game.
    Hell, as Columbo said, they're all meaningless past May when you suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted