1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resolutions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jgmacg, Dec 31, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Lose weight.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Keep the weight I've lost off for another year

Pay off at least one credit card

Cut back on drinking

Date somebody my age

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I like most of yours SC. I don't drink much. I'd like to lose weight and shrink the debt a bit, which should be easier with one kid out of school and off the payroll.
    I would also like to date someone your age.

I accomplished two of my lifelong goals in 2006 but overall it wasn't as good a year as you'd think given that I knocked off two of the big ones. So I hope to accomplish one more goal in '07 and have a better year overall.
    And date someone your age.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's not get carried away now kiddo. :D

As for me, lose weight. Lots and lots of weight. I hate how I look right now.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Resolutions are bullshit. If you want to change something in your life on Dec. 26, Nov. 27 or April 13, do it on that day. Don't wait until Jan. 1.

In a similar vein, Valentine's Day is also bullshit. If you want to buy your wife flowers, take her out or have some romantic dinner at home in March, do it then. Having that forced on people is ridiculous and contrived and just another way for Hallmark to make a buck.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

So nothing on the list then?

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm not saying there aren't things in my life I don't want to change, but I don't need a change of the calendar to tell me when to do it.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jeez man. Resolve to lighten up.
    A new year is a fresh start. The old guy is gone, the baby is here? Seen the cartoons? It's a natural time to put a new plan in order.
    So fucking deal with it and resolve that!!

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Go to Cuba.

No fighting on Internet message boards.

Get nominated for a National Magazine Award.

Write a film script.

Play in the World Series of Poker Main Event.

Rediscover abs.

Drink in Key West.

Figure out why Mississippi produces so many good writers.

Finish renovating the house.

Get more head.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

But honey it's the member of the year!!!!

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Because BYH is a tub of lard right now. Sheesh.

My goal is to lose my cell phone when I drink. But lose it in a place I'll find it the next day.

And after this year, which was the craziest by far I've ever even come close to having, I'd like to just lay low in 2007. Even if like the Modster I accomplished some pretty big things I've strived for.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Jones, do you plan on leaving your wife this year? Because that's probably the only way you can accomplish that last one.

Draft saved Draft deleted