1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RESEARCHER I

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ESPNCAREERS, Feb 27, 2008.

?

Are you one of us?

1. YES

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. NO

39 vote(s)
    90.7%
  1. ESPNCAREERS

ESPNCAREERS New Member

At ESPN, Inc., sports and multi media operations are our choice, our affiliation and our language. If you would like to join the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, with a broadcast portfolio that include over 50 national and international business entities, we have room on the team for one more.

RESEARCHER I
    - ESPN Production Research -

Based in our Bristol, CT headquarters, you will ensure the accuracy of studio-production shows or large parts of the shows, while developing ideas for various forms of content for studio-production shows and helping see that the ideas are executed as graphics, segments, pieces and more.

Responsibilities include:
    • dispersing information to other areas of ESPN, such as ESPN Radio, ESPN.com and remote production
    • utilizing your broad and deep sports knowledge to ensure that graphics, anchor scripts and reporter scripts are factually and statistically accurate
    • developing original graphics that provide statistical or factual analysis of events, news stories and topical issues
    • researching original content for virtually every element of a studio show
    • providing real-time updates and trend notes for anchors in studio and for score panels
    • researching statistics and other information for all members of show group to support storylines
    • developing and communicating storylines for a variety of ESPN shows. These ideas might also be used on ESPN Radio, the Bottom Line or ESPN.com

To qualify, you must have a very deep and broad understanding of sports knowledge, expert-level recall of current and historical sports statistics, news, events and milestones, and preferably possess a college degree. In addition, you must be able to communicate information accurately, adhere to strict deadlines, react to breaking news, and have strong grammar skills. At least 2 years of professional experience working with statistics or covering or analyzing sports events, news and issues is preferred.

ESPN treats every employee with respect and dignity, and offers a competitive salary, commitment to excellence, and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online at: http://www.joinourteam.espn.com/joinourteam/home.html, reference JOB ID # 140084 and create a Profile. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted at this time. Relocation assistance available. ESPN is an EOE/AAE

Are you one of us?
    ESPN
    espn.com/joinourteam

2. giantjay25

giantjay25 Member

I'm sure only one or two people will apply for this gig...

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Well, the poll results don't lie...

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Post by ESPNCAREERS? Check.
    Really lame poll with it? Check.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

OK.... who's the one?

6. Gabbo83

Gabbo83 New Member

"Are you one of us?"

One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of us.

You apply or you don't. I apply; Now's my chance to take down the Schwab from the inside out. I will trick him -- with food and a Mark Bavaro jersey -- to draw him out in the open. Pretty soon, I will be hanging with Stuart Scott and his one good (not for long) eye.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm TWO of you!

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can I work from home?

9. And how much does this pay?

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. I laugh every time I read: ESPN treats every employee with respect and dignity

12. Gabbo83

Gabbo83 New Member

I wish they'd do the same to their viewers and have Chris Berman forcibly removed. Even if he goes willingly, I want them to use force! Starting with noogies. Hard noogies.

I also wish others had not voted to be counted among "one of us." It would have been funnier if 78 people said no and one said yes. Thanks for ruining my vote. Still, it's like the Spartans vs. the Apothecarians, or whomever, in "300."

I'll keep everyone posted in my secret mission to replace the Schwab.

Draft saved Draft deleted