1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Research material on the War on Drugs........

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 29, 2008.

1. JR

JR Active Member

I'm not going into the reasons but I'm looking for some source material on the history of the war on drugs in America an its subsequent impact--across the board.

Any help you can offer would be great.
  2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It worked just fine.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Rolling Stone had a good article about two months ago.
  4. JR

JR Active Member

Thanks. Got that article thanks to Huggy. That should be just what the doctor orderred.
  5. JR -- There's a great book called "Storming Heaven" about the history of LSD. It contains a wealth of details about previous wars on drugs -- It's how I found out that Gordon Liddy once prosecuted Timothy Leary -- and how they are similar to the one we've been bungling with since the 1980's.
    There's another one, the title of which escapes me, about the anti-drug frenzy that erupted in the wake of Len Bias's overdose. I think Dan Baum wrote it, but I'm not sure.
  6. JR

JR Active Member

Thanks FB. My kid goes down East to play university football and lo and behold he's turning into a budding academic. He wants to major in philosophy.
Draft saved Draft deleted