1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RayKinsella, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Only 2 days away ---- so perfect timing for a thread.

For those who didn't know, the show was moved to Wednesday's and starts on June 13.

I can't wait and I was all over the web site tonight and they have a couple video teases on the site.

This is by far the best series over the summer, if not best TV show of the year. The fourth season should keep us entertained until September.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I bought the season 3 DVDs the other day and went through them quickly. I hadn't seen a couple of the episodes, so it was a nice refresher for the new season.

This is my favorite show, by far, and I think Garrity is the best, dumbest, character on TV. No show makes me laugh and cringe like this one.

Is this the last season? I remember hearing or reading somewhere that Leary only expected to do four.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

love this show... need to get season 3

4. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

That is the first I have heard that. But I wouldn't be suprised.

On one hand, I would be happy. I can't go another eight months in between seasons. It kills me.

On the other, it would really really really suck.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I believe I heard Leary say the other day that he would continue on as long as the stories held up and everyone was still having fun. Said he believed there was a time on a set when everyone knew it was time to let it go and they haven't gotten there yet.

Then he said: But who knows? End of the season, I might die and that'll be all. You'll have to watch.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Denis hasn't won an Emmy for this yet right? That's such a freakin' joke.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've never gotten into this show. Based on what I've seen in the ads, all it is is Denis Leary picking a fight with somebody week after week.

8. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Did somebody say Denis Leary? (heart is going crazy for him :eek: ;D)
    Here, we get Rescue me on Showcase, but for some reason it comes on at 3am in the morning. That being said, I really don't mind staying up for Denis ;).
    Garrity is the best when it comes to loser characters. I love the part where everyone says he's looks like an ape (because of his ears) and he starts to imitate being one. Only Garrity would do something so stupid. ::)

I am really mad that Hugh Laurie keeps on beating Denis Leary for the Best Actor Emmy. Laurie is talented, but last year, Leary should have gotten it. I hope he gets it this year.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Leary at his best.

Great supporting cast as well.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Already have the DVR programmed. Couldn;t wait for this show. With that and The Shield, it makes for great summer viewing.

And it looks like his daughter is over her lesbian and religious phases from the previews.

And it;s more than eary picking a fight with someone every week. It's just him being a total trainwreck, along with all the other firemmen. Love it.

11. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42471/

Draft saved Draft deleted