1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me Season Premiere 6/13 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I posted that article. I've seen one of them already (which, if you've read the other thread, tells you it's within the first three eps). '

And Sheila is indeed alive. That was the thing that confused the hell out of me when I watched the first ep. Thot I read sometime over the break that Callie was done, so -- with everything that was being said on the show (talk about the life insurance, the chief saying about Damiam "It's tough without your mom for first time," etc.) -- I thought she was dead. When she showed up, I immediately thot Tommy was hallucinating again. But, nope. She's alive and well and still goofy as a shithouse rat.

Now, for the music. With the tilting floor fire, the B52's "Dance This Mess Around" was pretty cool. Anyone know what the song was when Tommy visited Sheila? Something like "backstreet lover?" Can't figure that one out. Rescue Me website has a "music of" section, but when you click on it, it just says "Coming Soon."

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So I'd never watched this show before catching part of it last night. In one segment, they said "nigger" three times, "asshole" twice, "shit" and "ass." I have to admit, I thought I was suddenly getting HBO for free. Not sure why they were able to get away with all that. I think it was in the 10 p.m. slot.

Believe me, it's fine by me -- although the repeated use of the "nigger" by the slow guy who plays on his computer all day seemed needless and kind of bothered me -- but I was quite surprised.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He has tourettes syndrome, and is autistic. He makes it kind of a mystery about whether he's consciously doing it or not. He likes giving Franco a hard time and making life difficult.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha. Makes more sense, though I still get the feeling Leary just writes it to see if he can get away with it.

5. Killick

Ah, pern, you should have seen the sensitivity training episode a season ago if that's the case. Oooooh boy.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

On FX, apparently you can say anything but fuck.

7. Killick

btw, someone msg'd me from elsewhere and said they think the final song was the del fuegos. no idea of a title yet, but it seems we're closing on that answer.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Glad somebody else is wondering about this. A few thoughts with SPOILERS!!!!:

1. Just because we saw Sheila, just because Gavin talked to her, that doesn't mean she's alive. His cousin's been dead and a cast member since the start. The fire was very accidental, so if Sheila is alive and trying to get money, it's something she's tried to pull after the fact.

2. The interview scenes, where Gavin seems to be talking to a prosecutor, anybody think those were dream sequences? He seemed to wake up from those all the sudden both times they did that. Thing is, I can't understand how Gavin would play along with Sheila -- even for millions -- if he really believed she'd drugged him. It's like it's a suspicion he has but isn't sure about.

3. They can't kill Lou. They kill Lou, I'll call for a national day of mourning. Now Probie, he shouldn't be buying green bananas.

4. I think the autistic brother has worn out his welcome. The Tourettes gimmick has lost its shock value. I can tell it's going to be a running arc, but I'm not liking it.

So glad this is back on. And I watched "Rescue Me 2.5" (just type that in on Google Video search) again the other day. Still hilarious.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I agree. If he does die, hopefully he's resurrected. You know like Jesus, he's been known to move in mysterious ways.

10. Killick

Had some down time over the weekend (getting hit by a car will do that for you) so I was watching Season 2 again. Forgot how great Lou was before hitting rock bottom. There was a real lack of Lou for much of Season 3. Good to have him back again.

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

So, I just watched all of season 3 on DVD in a day. I'm all caught up finally except the first episode of this season. Anyone care to give me a brief synopsis in the next 12 minutes before it begins. Thanks.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can we change the title of this thread to a running one? The 6/20 episode was better than the first, mainly because there was more Lou. The "spank bank" sub-plot was fantastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted