1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me returns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Apr 7, 2009.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Great start to the season.

The scene with Tommy and his cousin outside the church epitomized why I love this show. It was essentially a dramatic scene, filled with unbelievably funny moments.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"a ball - you cut your chances of ball cancer in half."

The firehouse scenes are the best.

3. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

I've waited 19 months for tonight. It is hard to think, the last epsiode of season four ran in September of 2007!

I thought the first 30 minutes of the show was weak, as if they were trying to impress new viewers or something. It was almost like a pilot. I was very dissapointed.

Then come the last 30 minutes and I was blown away. I mean hell, the last 10 minutes was about bootsie the shitting dog! Can't get any better than that.

4. Very true, I wish they'd do more with those, because the rest of the show was kind of so-so last night.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, the endless promos for Rescue Me during the movie were pretty annoying. Great movie, but I agree it's got some flaws. And Mr. Scorsese, did we really need to have the little rat running along the patio railing at the end?

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Other than the cock fart line, tonight's episode was short on laughs. It moved the stories along, but that's about it.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm told the line of the night was:
    Tommy: "So, I'm not crazy?"
    Doctor: "Oh, you're Margot Kidder-hiding-in-the-bushes crazy. But the NYFD expects you to run into fires. You gotta be crazy."

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was laughing throughout the show. Cockfarts was funny and so was the doctor. But I thought the show had a lot of good things.

Denis Leary asking Michael J. Fox if he needed to lay down so Fox could run over him was hysterical.

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Agreed. I thought last night's show was really funny. I feel like the first two eps have set up the season well and they'll start getting a little more intense pretty soon. The other thing is that since it's 23 episodes they can't go quite as big as early as they did in the first three seasons.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Anyone know when this episode reruns or if I can find it on the web?

11. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I felt so guilty for laughing at that shit. but i laughed my ass off.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's about the only thing even remotely close to depicting the reality of firemen and firefighting. The show's still entertaining, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted