1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me: Out of the Ashes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 24, 2007.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Re: RIP: Rescue Me

I hope this gives Dennis Leary time to cut another album.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

It wasn't as good as the first two seasons, but still worth watching, dreunc. Tho, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do it with no new eps for almost another year. Two more major characters died, and if they come back to visit Tommy, it's going to be pretty awesome.

Doug -- I hear he's doing a hannukah album with kevin youkilis.

3. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

...or banging some ridiculously hot chick. Loved the first season but then the show got old fast. Way too soapy. It would hurt your head to connect all of the dots of who had banged what distant family member.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Was there ever an episode where he did not pick a fight with somebody?

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

the only good thing about last season was Jennifer Esposito, and there wasn't nearly enough of her.

6. Killick

Leary on TV this morning: New season will start in March and consist of 24 eps. They will run throughout the spring AND summer. Also, there may be as many as 12 of the mini-eps. And they could be as long as 10 minutes. And they will be VERY funny. He also danced around what's up with Tatum.

He was on with his wife, who has written a book. Damn, she's fiiiiiine.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was nice seeing the promos for Rescue Me and The Shield while watching 30 Days last night. Gotta give Morgan Spurlock some props for giving a shoutout to coalminers, didn't realize they made more than 60 K a year. I dig that show. Next up Ray Crockett spends 30 Days in a wheelchair.

8. Killick

BTW, bump! Trades are saying that Michael J. Fox is close to signing on for a multiple-episode arc this season. He and Leary are pretty tight, so I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying the mini-sodes. And I think I heard there's 22 new episodes. Is that right?

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Should this thread slug be changed? Something like 'Rescue Me: Undead and loving it' perhaps?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I saw Leary on The View a few weeks back and he was talking about everything coming back in January. Let's update the thread title...

12. John

John Well-Known Member

They've got 22 episodes coming, starting in the fall, I believe.

I've been watching the season 4 DVDs this week which reminded me that this might be my favorite show of all time. It just has everything.

And I'd also like to raise a toast to the fact that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is coming back soon, too. Those are the two best shows on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted