1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me (June 27). . . SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I expected Killick to already have this thread started. . . he has only been reminding me to watch this episode for two weeks now.

So. . .

did the chief actually blow his brains out? or was that just some creative editing?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Um, I don't think that was creative editing.

Tonight's episode seemed to be more like truncated little episodes - more than ever. Almost too many storylines. The Colleen story, Janet with the kid, Probie with his Mom, Tommy and the muscle chick, Sheila and the guy who wants her money, Chief and his son, Chief and his work, ... my head is spinning.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yea, I think the chief is definitely dead. I'm not sure how I feel about tonight's episode overall. I don't really like the Tommy going all soft stuff. It just doesn't seem natural.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The rumor was that someone died and I kept thinking heart attack.
    Nope ... the question now is he really gone, or will he be one of Tommy's ghosts.

5. I gotta say, I was off on this one. I was positive that the chief was going to have a heart attack, only a fatal one this time, At least that's where they were setting it up anyway. Totally taken by suprise when he put the gun in his mouth. I have to agree that Tommy needs to ditch his "soft" self and go back to being the a-hole everyone knows and loves. Lou continues to steal the show. The scene where he put his hand down his pants to check to see if the little guys were still there was priceless.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope Chief isn't dead, the previews sure didn't show any big funeral scene, that said his death might be a good way to spin the series forward. My favorite line was when Gavin's daughter comes out in her skivvies to Sean "That does NOT go in your spank bank."

7. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I called the chief's suicide about two minutes before it happened. You could just tell in his demeanor throughout the show: leaving for the desk job, but not wanting a going-away party. And him going beyond what he probably should have in helping Tommy with his insurance problem. He pushed a couple buttons and it's done? That kind of thing is easy to track and the chief would have been fired immediately. He didn't care, though, because he was intent on blowing his face off.

I didn't think there were too many storylines to follow. Actually, it was pretty easy to follow. Kind of like the previous three seasons.

Can anyone just like a show without finding something wrong with it? It's like people don't feel right without nitpicking. It's so hard to find a good show on TV these days. Now that I've found one, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride while it lasts.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Could tell when he was messing with the golf clubs, doing his hair, brushing the toothies.

Hate, hate, hate suicide scenes in shows.

In all of the years I have seen suicide scenes in shows.........anyone remember the lieu. attempting to kill himself in Hill Street Blues, and what happened behind it?

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

This season has been pretty dissapointing so far.

Last season was awesome from the start with each of the first 3-4 episodes having a great ending that you never saw coming. This season has been anything but outstanding.

Sorry Killick.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

how many ep's must i patiently wait until we see, uh, you know, more of jennifer esposito? ??? ??? ???

love the show. 8) 8) 8)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Many, many more if Tommy keeps acting like a pussy.

12. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

It just doesn't seem right for the producers to give Tommy an erectile dysfunction complex.
    Franco? Sure. Sean? Yeah. Tommy? Um, no.

Draft saved Draft deleted