1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rescue Me (July 11)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, I've seen advance (rough) copies of shows for July 11 and 18. I'm not going to give away anything (much), but fans really have to make sure they don't miss the first five minutes of "Pussified" on July 11. It has them finding out about Jerry's death, and then them sitting around the firehouse talking about it. (Read: Leary's Emmy clip.)

Other than that, Lou's got some really great lines over the next two episodes. Still, I hesitantly am starting to agree with others that said this season hasn't been up to previous seasons' standards. I've now seen five eps -- half the season -- and I'm still waiting for stuff to happen. Still funny, and the firehouse scenes are as great as ever, but other storylines just aren't clicking yet.

Now, a mild spoiler: Gavin has a new demon, and it isn't Chief.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i'm with you... this season hasn't been up to par

it's a damn shame, it had been one of my favorite shows

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that either. I wonder what the deal is.

4. Killick

Leary was on Conan O'Brien last nite. Barely even mentioned the show. Wonder if it's starting to bore him.

And quote of tonite's episode comes from, of course, Lou: "Oh yeah, we attack at dawn." Watch for it.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That was probably the weakest ending that I can remember in any episode.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Excellent therapist scene, though. And don't forget about "the rape." ha!

The whole Jerry dieing storyline -- for as big a part as he played in this show -- seems to be downplayed big time. Maybe that's coming in the next scene?

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The thing that pisses me off is when Tommy telling the truth could actually work and he doesn't. He was with that woman before he knew that Janet wanted to make another go of it. I hope the season picks up from here on out.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That kind of pissed me off, but then again Tommy and Janet always seem to. You always want it to work and it never quite does. And I too was surprised about the downplaying of Jerry.

9. Killick

"He used all his brave in the Bronx."

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I really liked this episode. You have to wonder with how much death this house has gone through, if they are able to really process Jerry's passing. Instead, they make jokes about putting him in his favorite shitter.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Uh, Andrea Roth. 'Nuff said. Wow.

12. Killick

"... so we didn't have sex."
    ''... and that went on for a while."
    "Yeah, seven and a half years."
    "Shit! Really? Can I say shit? Shit!"

Draft saved Draft deleted